As Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr continue to hog the spotlight, blogging has taken a backseat in the online marketing world. Despite this, blogs remain one of the best ways to improve your website’s search ranking, create links, share content and open up the lines of communication between you and your guests. If you’re still not convinced, take a look at these four reasons why blogging is more important than ever in the social media age.
1. Blogging is the most secure form of SEO
Google constantly scans the web for new, high quality content and adjusts how it ranks sites accordingly. Frequent blogging is one of the easiest ways to ensure that there is a steady stream of fresh, keyword rich, highly linked and high quality content on your site, which translates to more web traffic and more guest bookings!
2. Blogging strengthens your online community
Sharing blog posts is a great way to engage with your guests, strengthen your online community and attract links and traffic. Next time you post an interesting or useful blog, tell your online fans about via Facebook or Twitter and watch your traffic and online followers multiply.
3. Blogging is a valuable lead capture tool
High quality content and lead capture go hand in hand. Provide frequent informative and useful content on your website and in exchange, your guests will be happy to provide their email addresses via a blog subscription.
4. Blogging helps build your resort’s identity
One of the best ways to stand out in the competitive online world is by forging a consistent ‘personality’ for your resort. If you can create a recognisable tone of voice in your writing you can build a strong and attractive resort identity through blogging.
As you can see, when it comes to getting ahead online, blogging is one tool you cannot afford to overlook. Does your resort have a blog yet?
Related Blog Posts
- How to Boost Your Blog's Performance Without Creating More Content
- Why Your Content Doesn't Attract Links - 6 Common Blogging Mistakes To Avoid
- 6 reasons why your hotel or resort needs a blog
- Blogging A Simple Framework For Quality Posts
- Broadcasting Your Blogs using iLaunch
- How to get your pages ranking in Google