Twitter is rapidly becoming one of the most popular social networking platforms. It is continuously being the chosen forum to broadcast breaking news, host online competitions, advertisements as well as being an obvious choice for friends to interact. Twitter is not just a social networking device for consumers; it has proven to be a highly successful tool for resorts.
Although Twitter has been around for a few years now, a few things have changed in their sign-up process such as the Suggestion on Who to Follow. Here is the updated step-by-step process on how to setup your resort’s Twitter account:
1. Go to the Twitter signup page by clicking this link: https://twitter.com/signup
2. Type in your name, username, password and email address. Need help with a username? It can't have spaces, so many people just use their real name without the spaces. For example, our Twitter account is @etourismaust.
3. Type in the CAPTCHA words from the image. If you have a hard time reading them, you can listen to the words by clicking the link just to the right of the image.
4. Click on the Create My Account button
5. After that, you will be redirected to a page where Twitter will suggest users you can follow depending on your industry. Click on the category “Travel” as it is the closest one to your resort business. Next, Twitter will give you the option to see if your friends are on Twitter. This will look through the addresses in your email if you use Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or another popular Internet email service. Lastly, Twitter will give you the option to directly search for people using their search box You can skip all these by clicking on the Next Step button.
6. Congratulations! You are done. The next page that asks “What’s happening?” is your main Twitter page. Type in something in the text box and click update to send your first 'tweet' -- which is a Twitter message.